Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, June 9, 2011

It's a...GIRL!

We had our anatomy scan yesterday to check that the little one was growing strong and healthy. We got to see arms, hands, fingers, head, spine, brain, legs and little feet. We were able to see her beating heart and all four chambers going strong. She had a healthy heart rate of 146 bpm.

Check out her cute profile!

When we first started the scan, she was being very stubborn with her legs crossed and knees pulled to her chest. She was not going to reveal her goods that easily... The ultrasound tech had me roll to my left side for a bit then I rolled back and she tried again, still no luck. I tried the right side for a bit and she STILL would not uncross those legs. The tech said it might help if I emptied my bladder in the restroom to give her a little more room to move around. While in there I jumped around a bit too. :)

As soon as the the tech started the ultrasound again, she knew instantly that baby girl had moved. She started the scan vertical in a head up, butt down position and now was completetly horizontal...with her legs uncrossed. We were able to get a without a doubt picture that she is definitley ALL GIRL!

Her little butt is to the left with her legs out straight. You can see the lack of boy parts in between her legs. Also on the top is her little hand resting next to her leg.

During the appointment I learned that my placenta is in front closest to my belly. This is why I haven't felt her moving around yet. I'll have to wait till she's strong enough to feel her little kicks through the placenta.

Baby girl was measuring within a day of her due date and at the 49th percentile. Not big and not small - just perfect.

I don't believe I'll get to see her again unless we do an optional ultrasound or require some sort of growth scan closer to my due date.

And finally, just for fun...a belly comparison from 6 weeks to 20 weeks. (Click picture for a better view.)

No comments:

Post a Comment