Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, April 26, 2013

Caleb is 3 Weeks Old!

3 Weeks Old
Caleb Patrick is 3 Weeks Old!
Age: 3 Weeks
Weight: 9 lbs 15.6 oz
Clothing Size:  A few newborn but mostly 0-3 months
Diaper Size:  Pampers Swaddlers Size 1
Feeding Schedule:  9-12 x's per day

At the beginning of the week Caleb had some rough nights.  He was very fussy and it was hard to get him to go back to sleep after eating in the middle of the night.  I was up for a good 1.5 to 2 hours each time trying to get him to go back to sleep.  Just when I thought he was ok, he would start screaming again.

I started thinking me might have reflux so I started taking notes of his symptoms: arching during and after eating, fussing when being laid down, hiccups, sudden burps then screaming, etc.  I was convinced he had silent reflux and made an appointment for Wednesday.  We saw Dr. Yaeger and he agreed with my assessment and started Caleb on reflux medicine.  After 24 hours, on Thursday night I saw a major difference.  He was no longer fussy at night and easily went back to sleep.  I was so glad I followed my mom instinct and took him in. :)

Otherwise, everything has been good - still adjusting to life with two kids, but we are surviving!

Cameron 'holding' Caleb

She loves her brother!

Another evening walk

No comments:

Post a Comment