Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, January 23, 2012

Cameron is 14 Weeks Old!

Cami says "Go Patriots!"
Cameron Leigh is 14 Weeks Old!
Age:  14 Weeks
Weight:  13 lbs 6.8 oz
Clothing Size:  Still wearing all 0-3M clothes
Diaper Size:  Pampers Swaddlers Size 1 are her favorite.
Feeding Schedule:  6 x's per day

There's been a few interesting changes around here this week.  The first is we are no longer swaddling Cami's arms!  Friday night she woke up crying around 4:45 am.  I always wait a few minutes to see if she'll put herself back to sleep before actually going into her room.  When I went in, I did the typical routine - give her the pacifier and play her mobile music.  She was still very fidgety and it looked like she was trying SO HARD to get her arms out of her swaddle.  So I figured I'd let her arms out and see what happens.  I unswaddled her arms but left her bottom half still swaddled.  She brought her arms up by her head and immediately calmed down.  Within 10 minutes she was back to sleep!  Saturday night I started her with her arms out and she slept for 10 hours - I think that's the most she's slept in a row since the new year.  Last night, I put her down at 8:30 pm and she stayed asleep till I woke her up at 6:30 am.  Hopefully this continues!

The other major change is related to Cami's eating schedule.  Last week I noticed she was falling asleep before she finished eating during her last nursing session of the night.  I believe this was causing her to not sleep as long as she used to.  We moved to using a bottle for her last meal of the day last week and she seemed to be more satisfied.  Now she gets three bottles at daycare so this turned into her 4th bottle of the day - or 2/3rds of her meals were from the bottle (pumped milk) vs. nursing.

I had been semi considering for a bit to just exclusively pump and bottle feed for multiple reasons.  Bryan and I talked about it on Friday and decided that this would be the best scenario for us.  Here are my reasons for this decision:
  • Cami can eat on her schedule and I can pump on mine.
  • Bottle feeding takes 10 minutes vs. a 20-30 minute nursing session.
  • I can let her sleep in an extra 30 minutes before work.
  • I'll always have her bottles readily available so anyone can feed her anywhere at anytime.
  • I can make sure she's eating enough before bed (and throughout the day).
I'm proud that we made it 3 months nursing because I can look at her and know that every ounce she's gained has come from ME and she is thriving.  It was NOT easy, but I am glad I stuck with it.  I'm also proud that we're going to continue feeding her breastmilk as I know that is what's best for her to continue growing and developing.

Camula!

Cami hanging out with Daddy!
 
Holding her own bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment