Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, November 25, 2012

It's a...BOY!

We had our anatomy scan Wednesday the 21st, right before Thanksgiving!  We started the ultrasound and it was immediately obvious we are expecting a little baby boy.  He wasn't shy at all - the complete oppisite of Cameron.  The ultrasound tech checked a few times thorughout the scan just to be sure but there's really no mistaking it.  Bryan and I are both thrilled!  I'm especially excited about shopping for a new baby wardrobe.

It's a BOY!
Everything with baby boy looked great.  He measured within a day of his due date and in the 59th percentile.  His heart rate was beating away in the 140's - overall a very healthy boy!  Also, my placenta is on the front again (anterior) just like Cameron which is limiting the amount of movement I've felt so far.

Profile

Face and Arm

Two Little Feet
There's one 'concern' the doctor had - apparantly my placenta is lower than they like to see it.  He said it's currently measuring 1cm above my cervix and they like to see it at least 2cm above.  The good news is it's not covering my cervix (placenta previa) which would force a c-section.  Typically as the uterus grows the placenta moves up and we will check it again by ultrasound around 35 weeks.  I guess worst case it's just noted on my file but I'll still be able to have a vaginal birth.  I'm kind of excited about seeing what baby boy will look like that far along!

Now it's time for some fun timelines! (Click Picture for Larger View)

5 - 20 Weeks
Comparison: Baby #1 (Top) vs. Baby #2 (Bottom)
Looking at the comparison pictures above I think I definitely showed a lot sooner with Baby #2 but I think the 20 week shots are pretty similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment