Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, August 1, 2011

28 Weeks

Baby is the still length of an eggplant!

"Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes."

Weekly Survey
How far along:
28 Weeks
How big is baby: The length of an eggplant. She is about 2.25 pounds and approximately 14 inches long.
Weight gain: Almost even with a small loss of 0.2 pounds for a total gain of 16.6 pounds.
Stretch marks: None yet. I try and keep my skin as 'buttered' up as possible with lotion!
Maternity clothes:
Exclusively.
Sleep:
It's been ok.
Best moment this week: Baby shower planning with Amber! We got a lot done this weekend and I'm super excited for the event!
Food cravings:
Nothing particular.
Food aversions:
Still fish...
Symptoms: Minor back and hip aches. And sometimes my stomach just feels uncomfortably full and heavy.
Exercise:
Took the dogs on a 'long' walk (1.5 miles compared to our normal 1 mile).
Gender: GIRL!
Movement:
All the time! She really enjoys kicking right below my right ribs.
Belly button:
In - the top part is getting pretty close to being flat.
What I miss:
Bending over normally.
Labor signs: No Way
What I'm looking forward to: My appointment on Wednesday.
Milestones:
Setup maternity/paternity leaves for me and Bryan.
Quote(s) of the week:
From a man at work: "It's like one day you were not pregnant....and then the next day you were!" I think my pregnancy has definitely become very obvious the past few weeks...

The Week 28 Bump!




No comments:

Post a Comment