Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, March 12, 2012

Cameron is 21 Weeks Old!


Cameron Leigh is 21 Weeks Old!
Age:  21 Weeks
Weight:  15 lbs 9.0 oz
Clothing Size:  3-6 month
Diaper Size:  Pampers Swaddlers Size 2

Another busy week at the Arkins house!  We went ahead and started Cami on solid food.  The first food we had her try was rice cereal.  She 'ate' that starting Tuesday for 4 days.  She didn't seem to be the biggest fan of it, but she still took it down.  She makes it difficult though by sticking her hand in her mouth after every single bite.  Cami definitely had it all over her face but I think she still got a decent amount down.

On Saturday I baked a sweet potato for her to try.  I was able to make 9 1 oz. portions from one sweet potato.  When I go to feed her, I mix 1 oz. of the sweet potato with 1 oz. of breast milk.  She definitely seemed to enjoy the sweet potato a lot more than the rice cereal.  For the past two day's I've been able to get her to eat her entire portion!  She still puts her fingers in her mouth but if I hold the spoon close she'll pull them out long enough to get a bite in.  It's funny because Bryan and I have noticed for about and hour or so after she eats the sweet potatoes, she's abnormally happy and not fussy at all.  I guess she was ready for some real food!  Next up are avocadoes, oatmeal and green beans!

Cami has become really into her feet this week.  She had grabbed them before, but now she likes to plays with them and tries to stick her big toe in her mouth.  She also likes to raise her legs and slam them down to the ground.  She finds this to be quite fun.

Cami also is FINALLY grabbing at the toys on her play mat.  She always seems to look at them but has never been too interested in touching/grabbing them...until this weekend.

As far as rolling over - she's only done it a few more times.  I think she's really still trying to figure it all out.  I know she can do it but sometimes it seems she just doesn't want to.

All week Cami would get up once a night.  The past few nights it's been around 9:45 pm (which I like better than 2:00 am!).  I've noticed that when she wakes up, she continually grabs her right ear - but her infection is in her left ear.  I'm not sure if it's another ear infection, teething or both.  She also still will rub her left ear.  I would have thought by now she wouldn't feeling much pain from the ear infection since she's been on antibiotics for the past week.  I called the nurse at her Dr.'s office and she said we should definitely bring her in ASAP if she's still grabbing her ears.  I have an appointment this afternoon.  I just want my happy, sleeping baby back!

If it's teething, I'm not sure what else I can we can do to help her with the pain. :(  I give her Tylenol and some teething tablets but nothing seems to help long term.  Oh well, hopefully this will pass quickly!
Hmmm....

I'm not so sure about this mom!

Look what I can do!

Happy Cami

Playing with my feet

No comments:

Post a Comment