Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, March 26, 2012

Cameron is 23 Weeks Old!

Cameron Leigh is 23 Weeks Old!
Age:  23 Weeks
Weight:  16 lbs 0.8 oz
Clothing Size:  3-6 month
Diaper Size:  Pampers Swaddlers Size 2

Cami is loving this 'real food' thing!  We introduced apples in the form of applesauce this week and she now loves it.  I'm using a natural no sugar added applesauce.  The ingredients are just apples and water.  We also tried out second veggie - green beans.  She's also a fan of these too.  To make the green beans I steamed a bag of frozen green beans, pureed and then froze in 1 oz. cubes.  The process is SO quick and easy.  For dinner, I upped her portion to 2 oz. of veggies and ~1 oz. of oatmeal.  I added a second 'brunch' meal this week that consists of applesauce mixed with oatmeal.  When I'm preparing her food she gets antsy and upset until I feed her.  If I'm not quick enough - she definitely lets me know!  I plan to try some bananas this week.

Cami is waking up once a night for a bottle but the time varies.  I think since it's not consistently at the same time every night she's definitely waking out of hunger vs. habit.  Only time will tell though!  She's gotten pretty good about soothing herself to sleep.  I even got her to go back to sleep by herself after a mid night bottle.  Lately she'd been needing the swing to go back to sleep.  We've been swing free the past two nights so hopefully it will continue!  ::Knock on Wood::

This weekend Cami had her first bottle with formula.  I've decided to cut back on pumping and phase in formula.  I originally wanted to wait until 6 months to start formula but I've had enough getting up early on the weekends and staying up late every night to pump.  Within the last week I've gone from 5 pumps per day to 2.  Right now Cami gets 5 oz. of pumped milk in the morning and a mix of 2 oz. formula and 3 oz. pumped milk for all other bottles.  I think I'll move tomorrow to 4 oz. formula and 1 oz. pumped milk for her daycare bottles.  Then maybe on Thursday she can start just formula at daycare and a mixture of pumped milk and formula at home.  I'll keep giving her fresh milk for as long as I have it and then will clear out my freezer stash.  I believe I have over 150 oz. in my freezer.

This weekend Cami 'found her voice.'  She was very vocal and seemed to enjoy hearing the different sounds she could make.  Check out the video at the end of this post to see what she was up to on Saturday.

Enjoying the jumparoo

Practicing Sitting

Enjoying dinner out and the beautiful weather.

1 comment: