Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Awkward Dinner

Weekend Recap!

Friday - Before my hair appointment, I headed out for a run. It was almost hot outside! The sun felt good though. I did out typical loop for a total of 2.40 miles. After a quick shower and lunch I headed up to the outlets. I only had time to go to one store - Banana Republic, but it was a successful trip. I picked up some new shirts, pants and a few things for Bryan. Can't beat their prices. After that was my hair appointment.

Friday evening was date night to celebrate a belated Valentine's Day. We went to one of our favorite restaurants Luma on Park Ave. Declicious as always! We shared a salad and pizza appetizer and I enjoyed a pork chop with cheese grits while Bryan had a duck breast. We usually order a bottle of wine to share, however I had to stick with water tonight! For dessert we dominated some froyo at YogurtLand.

Saturday - Bryan's friend Ryan and his wife Chiara had a baby a few months ago and we were invited to his Baptism in Melbourne. We headed there for the 11 am ceremony and then enjoyed a full Italian lunch after at a local restaurant. When we got back into town we made plans to meet up with our friends Amber and Chris for dinner. We originally planned to eat at The Ravenous Pig but it's next to impossible to get a table on a Saturday night without a reservation. Plan B was Hot Olives. We started at the bar for a drink (Mmmm....water). After looking at the menu, we then decided to enact Plan C and head to Dexter's. I was still pretty full from lunch so Bryan and I shared a hummus appetizer and I had a spinach salad for dinner.

Now, the awkward part. It's so atypical of me to not enjoy a drink on the weekends when out with friends! I'm sure it's noticed - but I just tried to say I had my fill of wine at lunch (hello white lie!). After dinner, our friends wanted to head up to the wine bar, but after Bryan and I got back to the car, I told him I didn't think I could handle it. It's so freaking hard to have this great news to share, but not be able to yet! I had a mini meltdown about it, but all is good now. :) Soon enough we'll be free to share.

Sunday - Typical Sunday for us! We headed up to Costco then had lunch at Tijuana Flats. I spent the afternoon cleaning, doing laundry and just relaxing. Time for another work week to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment