Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 3, 2011

First Appointment

The first appointment wasn't too exciting. I knew it wouldn't be though. Bryan came with me to hear all the information. After I checked in, I immediately gave my urine sample, was weighed and had my blood pressure taken. Then we waited in the waiting room for 45 minutes before we were even called back. Ugh.

Once we were back we went through the extensive paperwork side of things as well as family history with a nurse. When she was done, we were taken to an exam room where the nurse practitioner met us a few minutes later. She went over more family history,etc.

The most exciting part was when she told me my estimated due date (October 13th based on my last period) I told her that I had charted and I believe I ovulated on cycle day 28 (vs. the 'normal' day 14). She immediately said, ok well then we'll have you come in next week to do an ultrasound to determine you due date. YES! I was and still am ecstatic.

We asked our few questoins, Bryan left the room and we did the normal annual exam. Always fun. My last step was to the lab for blood work. They took 4 vials and I was on my way.

After work, Bryan got a call from a couple we met on our last cruise - Emily and Jason. We had a lot of fun with them in Europe. On the vacation we had all admitted that we were taking that vacation as a 'last hurrah' before trying to have a baby. As it turns out, they found our Emily was pregnant a few weeks before we did. We chatted with them a bit - their little on is due October 7th so we're just under three weeks apart. I think it's awesome that we both got pregnant the same month. It will be nice to have someone to talk to who's going through the same thing.

Last night we had a volleyball game at 7:15. I was filling in this week. Before the game, we stopped at Lake Underhill Park for a run around the lake. I ran 2.16 while Bryan probably completed around 2.6. After all the activity we went the Smokey Bones for dinner then headed straight home for bed. I was exhausted!

Today's our virtual Friday so the weekend starts tomorrow! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment