Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 10, 2011

OFFICIAL Due Date

This morning was my appointment for our dating ultrasound. We slept in, made breakfast at home and headed up to Winter Park for our 8am appointment.

The ultrasound was different than I expected as they did it internally vs. externally on my stomach. Bryan sat in the room as well. They had a monitor up above where we could watch the whole process. The ultrasound tech paused the image and explained which part was the head, etc. It honestly just looks like a blob right now but we could definitely see the flicker of the heart beat!

The baby measured 1.24 cm with a heart rate of 150 bpm. Nice and strong. The baby also measured 7 weeks and 3 days, 2 days older than I thought! I think he's just strong, healthy and growing fast. :) It was pretty awesome to see the baby and helps the whole pregnancy feel a bit more real. I also feel a bit relieved to know that everything is developing as planned.

After the ultrasound, we reviewed the results with the Nurse, Carolyn Weinstein. We also went over my blood work from last week's visit. Everything came back great. My TSH was 1.552, which is 0.44 higher than January before I was pregnant. My PCP wants to check it every 6 weeks while I'm pregnant so I'll probably try and get him to test it in the next few weeks.

And now, we have an accurate OFFICIAL due date of October 24th, 2011! So exciting!

Here are the pictures we received from the ultrasound:

When talking with the nurse, we also discussed having the NT Scan and blood work done. We agreed we wanted to go ahead and do this. She said someone would be in contact with me to schedule the appointment.

This afternoon, I got a call and was able to schedule the appointment at my 12 week mark. I can't wait to see how much the baby has grown by then! We also have the followup appointment scheduled for two weeks later. All of those details are in the right hand column.

No comments:

Post a Comment