Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Nursery Furniture

In January there was this beautiful crib and dresser/changer set at Costco that I would drool over, however we couldn't quite justify buying baby furniture without a baby on the way. The week we found out we were pregnant we looked at Costco and it was no longer in stock. We told the story to our mom's and the next day my mom called and said she wanted to buy the nursery furniture for us. Of course I was thrilled at such a nice gesture. I had debated calling around to different Costco's but decided to wait because, well we have plenty of time to find the perfect furniture.

As I was browsing through this Sunday's papers, I noticed there was a very nice crib on sale at Target - regular price $249.99 on sale for $179.99. Now that's a deal. It was the color and style I had been eyeing. I looked it up online and the set also had a dresser, changing table and glider chair with ottoman. I love the convertible style crib because it can start as a crib and become a toddler bed, daybed and finally a full size bed with head board and foot board. So many uses!

Here's a picture of the whole set from Target.com:
I called my mom Sunday night and told her I liked that furniture and she offered to meet us up at Target Monday after work to make the big purchase! We stopped at the store by Millenia mall and got everything but the dresser. After dinner we venture over to the Sodo store on our side of town and picked up the final piece. I can't believe I'm less than 6 weeks pregnant and we have our full set of furniture for the nursery.

Here's what our spare bedroom looks like now with the stock pile of furniture:
Everything will stay in boxes until the room is re-done. More on those plans another time!

When we got home from our after work Target trip, we unloaded the car and then changed for a run. I ran a different route for 2.36 miles, taking it easy since I just ran the day before. I got home probably a good 7 minutes after Bryan as he was getting ready to wash his car.

I went to the back porch to stretch and watch the dogs play. Well, they got a bit rowdy and Brady tackled Kaylee into a huge pile of dirt. And just like that, I had to give them baths. By the time we were both done it was 6:15 and I hadn't even started dinner. I suggested going out for pho as it's cheap and quick. We enjoyed a yummy dinner and came home just in time to catch The Bachelor!

No comments:

Post a Comment